Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Learning to Live Again

March 1st already? It feels like it was just a few weeks ago that I was promising myself to stick to an exercise routine and get back in shape in time for spring. Well, here it is the beginning of March already, and that exercise routine has been long gone for a good month or two already.

I started off dedicated, but slowly tapered off as time seemed to pass quicker and quicker. I even took a month off of updating the blog with new posts, just to catch up on things in my personal life, as well as write at least a few of my outstanding reviews. I was honestly questioning if I should continue or not. It's been a slow process since starting back up at the beginning of February, but I feel so much better now that I'm back in the swing of things!

I didn't realize how much blogging has actually helped me, especially in coping with my anxiety. It's good to be a part of such a supportive community, and I'm glad that I decided not to stop all together. I just couldn't give up on this. If you asked me a few years ago if I was going to start posting again, I can almost guarantee you that my answer would have been no. That's how I know that I've made a lot of progress when it comes to the anxiety/depression part of life.

Lately, in between posts, I've been busy "spring" cleaning, if you will. Maybe it's a tad early, but for some reason I had this overwhelming need to start going through closets, drawers, toy boxes, papers, pretty much everything. I boxed up what can be stored/donated until we move, and threw away what needed to go in the garbage (finally). Not quite done, but it's a work in progress. I'm also in the process of getting back into school. I'm hoping to start in September, but we'll see. I've got my eye on an entrepreneur or business course. I go for testing in a couple of weeks with Essential Skills Manitoba to see whereabouts my skill sets are, and if I am a good fit to go back to school or if I require upgrading beforehand.

Since October, I've only been physically sick with my anxiety attacks one day. Want to know something sad, but true? That's a record for me.

For the last...well, almost ten years now, I was sick pretty much every day. And if not every day, then every second day. It affected everything I did, and so now, I feel like I'm learning to live again.

What are you doing now that it's March?

33 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are learning to live again and that you're enjoying blogging. It's great to read your words.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Sarah. I'm always happy to see your comments. :)

      Delete
  2. This is really inspiring, to see how someone can change their lives like that, more people should see this :) I'm glad you're in a better place now, it's nice to read things like this :) I hope it only gets better and better from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that your blogging has helped you. We all have our demons and it sounds like you are managing yours quite well. Please continue and thanks for all your hard work in order to make this a wonderful site to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely all have our demons, and it's hard sometimes, but I do try to manage them as best I can. Thanks for your kind words Jeanne.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing better. I have a terrible time with anxiety myself. Especially in social situations. I'm glad that blogging helps you. Maybe I should give it a try. I can see how it would be therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the social situations, they are often the hardest for me too. I would recommend starting a blog to just about anyone. It's really been a great source of strength for me. If there's anything I could do to help, just shoot me an email! :) Thanks Jennifer.

      Delete
  5. Anxiety can be a horrible problem for a lot of people, I am glad you are getting some relief from blogging, what a great outlet for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear you are better at time management and balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been hard work, but it's getting better. Thanks for reading Natalie.

      Delete
  8. Now that its march, I havent been doing too much actually. Im trying to find the energy to get off my butt and start a massive clean and overhaul of the house. Glad to hear that you are getting better and the blog has helped you so much!

    JaimeeM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaimee! It can be super hard to get motivated, but I'm sure you'll get there :)

      Delete
  9. i started off well last week and was good for a whole 4 days. but then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-/ Sorry to hear that Wigget. We all have setbacks unfortunately, and I know they can be very discouraging. I hope it gets better, and quickly, for you! :)

      Delete
  10. I have started with the Spring cleaning but would love some sunshine through my windows to help me feel happier about it. I want to be hanging up short sleeves and stuf in my closets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I hear you on the sunshine Becca! It has been nothing but dreary here too, and it takes it's toll. Hope the weather warms up for you soon! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  11. I am a weird bird... I love to clean. So I end up doing some Spring Cleaning probably once every 3 months. It is actually ridiculous, because it turns out there really isn't all that much to get rid of in such a short period of time. So I understand the urge to just do something sometime, even when it is at an odd time. As far as exercise goes, I was the same as you. I would start up and go strong for a month, maybe two, but then I would miss a night and never start back up. I have found two things that have finally got me exercising regularly, and actually enjoying it. I work out in my home to videos that I actually really enjoy working out to. It makes a difference when you have fun, I think, and being home away from other people watching, has made it a million times better. And I am now working out steadily, and have been since January 1st. Impressive for me, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I wish I love to clean like you! At least you don't have to worry about too much clutter build up, if you can keep up to it like you do. :) And you are so right! It would only take that one day of missing my routine, and I never quite manage to get back on track. I am so happy that you've been able to keep up with working out! I may just have to try exercising to some fun videos. Maybe the change of pace would do me some good too. Wishing you the best in your routine! :)

      Delete
    2. Just a suggestion, but Turbo Fire is one of the best, and it is fun. I got mine through Beachbody website. Thanks for your sweet comment back!

      Delete
  12. Glad to hear that blogging has helped you, I feel the same and really should get back on track with exercise/spring cleaning. The harsh winter just left me wanting to hibernate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to wanting to hibernate. It's so hard not to sometimes! Good luck with getting back on track! :) Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  13. It's Autumn here in New Zealand but I am going to start "Spring" cleaning today :) After a very hot summer , I find it helps me to get motivated in everything else . Love your blog! You are inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a good start his year too but slipped with business trips, vacations, people's birthdays, etc... and the weather has been horrible, hard to get movitated to go outside when you don't want to step out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have suffered from Depression off and on since I was seventeen, mostly reactive stress when I felt overwhelmed with too much stress in my life. Kudos for you for soldiering on and just going on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to know you are better. Sunshine is wonderful for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are working on Spring Cleaning here too. Glad to see you are doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is great and inspiring! It shows that even the little things we do can influence our lives in huge ways!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I wish I could say I've started spring cleaning but I am still just thinking about cleaning, not doing much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome to hear! A lot of people find journaling therapeutic, me included, so its wonderful that you kept the blog going, and any motivation is great when it leads to a positive result so clean away! The less cluttered your environment, the less cluttered you will feel mentally :) I speak from experience..

    ReplyDelete