Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Gotta Love Being Canadian!

This is my first year participating in The Great Canadian Blog Bash hosted by Whispered Inspirations, Mom vs the Boys, and Maple Leaf Mommy and I am so excited to be joining so many other Canadian bloggers in a 2 week long celebration of our Home!

 The Great Canadian Blog Bash

Canada means a whole lot to me and I'm so excited that we celebrate our 146th birthday as a country on July 1st! It's a day for Canadians to come together in a celebration and represents different things to different people. To me, Canada represents freedom, multiculturalism, snow (lol), and a proud set of people! I think of our flag, our Canada Goose, our Canadian companies and the Canada Day celebrations that happen all around the country!

Did You Know?
My favourite thing about Canadian Geese is that they are monogamous creatures. Once they find a mate, they stay with them for life! Also, the female chooses her mate. ;)

Photograph by: Mike Baird


When I think of the Canada Day Celebrations I think of the fireworks displays all across the country! The one they put on here in Winnipeg has gotten better over the years, and I can only imagine what it's like in Ottawa! This year is extra special because our daughter is old enough to come and enjoy the fireworks too. I'm curious to see what she'll think of the loud noises.  How did your kids react to fireworks when they first saw them?


Happy Canada Day to all those Canadians out there from my family to yours! 

 
Photograph by: ***Bud*** (Flickr)

5 comments:

  1. My son is only 4yrs old and his early bedtime won't allow him to see the fireworks. I don't think I could make him stay up either. He passes out when he's tired. Might have to do some fireworks earlier next year so he can experience it. I would really like to see how he does. Celebrations must be amazing in Ottawa! Popping by from #TGCBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that about the Canadian goose too! I think it says a lot about our country too, we have freedom to choose and we are loyal to the end! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there from the TGCBB too, that was a great Canadian post (I didn't know that about geese either)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I think the celebrations in Ottawa are probably amazing. I totally did not know that about the geese. I guess I'm a goose. :P Thanks for participating in The Great Canadian Blog Bash and we are very happy to have you! #TGCBB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate birds but that's a cute fact about them Geese!

    ReplyDelete