Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson comes to Winnipeg!

Music is something I crave from the inside out. I feel like it's in my blood, even if I never did finish learning to play the guitar.

I love that music can carry me away, but that it always brings me back to where I was supposed to be. It has got a way of making me feel free. I am so happy to be rediscovering my love for music a little more each day, as I find my way out of a long battle with anxiety and depression. I'm not talking about today's music though. Some of that is great, but most of it, I just can't stand.

I'm talking the music from back before technology could give you talent. I'm talking music from the 60's and 70's. Live music. The kind you can feel. The kind that gets under your skin, and deep into your bones. The kind that stays with you, and that lasts a lifetime, even if you only get to see it once. In fact, it's special because you only get to see it once.

One of my favourites along the way has been Jethro Tull, and when I saw that Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull frontman) was coming to Winnipeg to perform Thick as a Brick after all these years, I was so excited!

For the first time in 45 years, he'll take to the stage to perform Thick As a Brick in it's entirety. This is going to be a show of a lifetime! Progressive rock will come alive in this theatrical production including video and other musicians from Ian's band, all of whom have performed with Jethro Tull at one time or another. 

From  The Marquee Club in London in 1968 to the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall later this month, with over 30 studio and live albums released, and over 60 million of those albums sold, Jethro Tull's music can certainly be considered legendary. People young and old can appreciate the beauty that is their music.

Come join me for Ian Anderson, performing Thick As A Brick from 1972, and the new Thick As A Brick 2, at the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall October 22, 2013 at 8 P.M. The Centennial Concert Hall is located at 555 Main St. Tickets are $39.50, $59.50, and $85.50 plus taxes and fees. For more info please call 1-855-985-5000 or visit http://centennialconcerthall.com/2013/03/jethro-tulls-ian-anderson/.

To tide you over until then, here's a video of my favourite Jethro Tull song, Aqualung. If you're not in the city, not to worry. There are lots of other tour dates worldwide! Check them out here. Watch for my review soon after!



No comments:

Post a Comment